It has been such an amazing weekend, and I am so excited to share it with you.
Our day together...
We left San Diego by 10am and we were on our way...where? I had no idea. Michael programmed the Garmin and turned it so I couldn't see where we were headed and we went north. Up up and away we went heading into LA...then we took the 101 freeway. Soon after we took an exit and he had picked out a great little market that makes delicious sandwiches. With sandwiches in hand we continued on our journey and soon turned into the Malibu Creek Canyon state park.
It may be a little known fact, but my family grew up on M*A*S*H. My mom loved it so much that we'd all lay on her bed at night and watch it with her, so there's definitely a soft spot in my heart for the good ol' 4077. Well, the Malibu Creek Canyon is not only a gorgeous park, full of green hills and mountains, but also the place where M*A*S*H was filmed. We hiked around in these beautiful green hills, then sat on the edge of Century Creek to enjoy our sandwiches and eachother's company.
Eventually we made our way back to the car, and then headed west towards the coast. The homes in Malibu are so gorgeous! It was a beautiful day and we drove the coast with the windows down. Eventually we went inland towards Beverly Hills. Soon we found ourselves in West Hollywood, and Michael pulled over at a very cool looking hotel in a residential area.
Le Montrose is a fantastic 4 star hotel, and we had a cool little suite. After checking in we went on a little walk in the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood area, then came back and headed to the Rooftop hot tub and watched the sun set over the city.
The night begins...
It was now time to get ready for dinner. Where? I didn't know, but it was time to find out...
We started driving, and only a few miles away Michael went to make a U-turn to head into a parking lot... the restaurant... craft. So I said... "craft... craft... who's the chef...? Isn't that Tom Colicchio's restaurant?" Michael pretended he didn't know until I finally said..."Thats it, isn't it! It's Tom Colicchio's LA restaurant!" With a big smile he said I was right, and the most amazing meal was about to begin.
Once we were seated at craft, we began to look over the menu. For someone who has never been to a restaurant like this it was very overwhelming. We settled on the tasting menu, which was full of some of the most incredibly rich and extravagant foods I will ever eat. Look below for the menu.
After dinner we headed outside. By now it was nearly midnight, and we walked outside into a big grassy area. Michael said he had a birthday present for me, so we sat down on a bench. He handed me a book of poetry. I unwrapped the ribbon around it, then began to leaf through the book. Michael then said, "There's a good one on page 1031." As I turned the pages I noticed a ribbon coming out of the book pages, and there on page 1031 was a hole in the pages, and there was the ring. Michael then read the poem on the opposite page, The Passionate Shepherd to his Love by Christopher Marlowe, then he asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes. We held each other, I had tears in my eyes, and he put the ring on my finger.
So, that is the story of our engagement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HI Michael that was a great Blog keep it up and please could you help me add adsense code to my blog please I have do all I can.
ReplyDeletethis is my email address samonu2koagu@gmail.com